Week 9- here comes the mug!



Hey everyone! This week I made a great mug shape and am going to roll with it in the actual formation of the long anticipated mug! It's been a great time learning technique and getting better through the semester. Now I'm excited to finally shape, trim, texture, and glaze the mug! I made a great shape (although it looks a bit small in this picture) and left it to dry for a few days before I do the trimming and adding of the handle! I can't wait! 

This song was awesome!! I'm a sucker for the banjo, so I thoroughly enjoyed it! It's hilarious how they sing of finding things to do (the line of playing solitaire with 51 cards was particularly clever). In last weeks article, one of the most successful ways of curing or overcoming boredom was finding new things to do. The entire song is focused on finding something, anything, to do. I thought it was also funny to think about the things that one finds to do in the regard to their health. The song talks about smoking cigarettes but the article said that physical exercise was one of the best ways to overcome boredom. Overall, I think we should choose the latter over the former. 

Comments

  1. Emily,
    Your mug turned out sooo good! How long did it take you to shape and form it? I haven't had too much experience with pottery, but I imagine that a mug is pretty advanced. I look forward to see how you design it, so I will be checking back to see how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tyson! That's a complicated answer. It only took me about 30 minutes to make this but it's also taken me a month and a half to figure out how to do this. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts