Why pottery?
I am a long-time appreciator and collector of mugs. I love mugs of all shapes, sizes, and designs (and already have upwards of 25 mugs). I drink solely out of them and you can find mugs scattered all around my apartment. Nothing makes me happy quite like finding a fun mug with a unique design that I can add to my collection. However, in my years of collecting, I have yet to find what I would consider the "perfect mug".
For me, the perfect mug consists of a large handle (big enough to put all my fingers through), a big body, and a design that makes me smile. I've wanted to learn how to do pottery for years in the attempt to make these dreams come true. My goal for this new occupation is to start to build the skills necessary to craft the perfect mug.
I thoroughly enjoy working with my hands and crafting something from nothing. This has led me in lots of directions but not yet pottery. I look forward to seeing my successes and failures as I gain this new hobby.

Comments
Post a Comment